Visit Yorkshire this summer – with just a few days to go until all schools have finished for the holidays, there’s so much to see and do:
Steam train journeys are a great way to see the county and get a feel for the heritage of the area. Combine with a walk or fill a whole day riding the rails. The image above is from the North York Moors railway as part of a walk from Pickering, but there are steam journeys available at Embsay, Keighley & Worth Valley Railways and on selected journeys along the Settle Carlisle Railway.
Table of Contents
Go Racing in Yorkshire Summer Festival begins in Pontefract
There’s still time to grab a ticket on the door and watch the horses this evening in Pontefract.
The BBC were in Richmond this week filming for BBC Breakfast news. If you saw the amazing drone footage or fancied the cakes from The Station café, get down the the gateway of the Dales and enjoy the market town perched above the Swale. Read more about the history of Richmond Castle here.
Regency chic comes to Harrogate
If you like Bridgerton style, you may have noticed the plum liveried footmen outside the new “Barking George” bar at the recently refurbished Harrogate Inn this week. Read more about the opening and watch coffee printing in real time!
Get a taste of Yorkshire heritage with these events this week:
- Farm Fun at Thornton Hall Country Park 22nd July – 4th August
- Princesses and Pirates of Thornton Hall Country Park 5th – 18th August
- Dino Live! at Thornton Hall Country Park 19th – 26th August
- Crafty Saturdays on 12th August at the M&S Archive in Leeds (FREE!)
- Summer Family Fun on 14th August at the M&S Archive in Leeds (FREE!)
- Summer Family Fun on 21st August at the M&S Archive in Leeds (FREE!)
- Heritage Open Day AND Crafty Saturday on 9th September at the M&S Archive in Leeds (FREE!)
Use the form below to get weekly news from Welcome to Yorkshire:
Weekly Public Newsletter
Sign up for a weekly round-up of news, competitions and events in Yorkshire.