It’s Midsummer’s Day on Saturday 24th June and what better way to enjoy all the extra daylight than by visiting beautiful Yorkshire.
Book your summer holiday in Yorkshire, plan a walk , or even take a cycling break. Above is the view from Castle Hill in Huddersfield, located right next to Berry Brow train station – great if you want to travel by public transport.
Table of Contents
If you fancy walking in the movie footsteps of Harrison Ford, why not visit the filming location of Indiana Jones: Dial of Destiny. Steeped in history and heritage, and with a stunning backdrop, the North York Moors is a great family day out.
There’s still chance to get tickets for the Headingley test starting on 6th July, with tickets starting from just £5. Why not celebrate by entering this competition for the chance to win a Gray-Nicolls cricket bat signed by Official Yorkshire.com Ambassador, Harry Brook.
Look here for accommodation near Headingley ahead of the Ashes coming through.
A selection of new events:
- MEGASLAM Wrestling at Thornton Hall Country Park on 2nd July
- BIRDS OF PREY at Thornton Hall Country Park on 9th July
- The Tempest: Outdoor Theatre @ Sewerby Hall on 11th August
- The Tempest: Outdoor Theatre @ Kirkstall Abbey on 17th August
- The Tempest: Outdoor Theatre @ Keighley on 19th August
- The Tempest: Outdoor Theatre @ Lotherton Hall on 20th August
- The Tempest: Outdoor Theatre @ Halifax on 25th August
- The Tempest: Outdoor Theatre @ Hebden Bridge on 27th August
Use the form below to get weekly news from Welcome to Yorkshire:
Weekly Public Newsletter
Sign up for a weekly round-up of news, competitions and events in Yorkshire.