Nestled in the heart of England’s picturesque East Yorkshire, Bilton is a charming village that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. This quaint destination is perfect for tourists seeking a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its rich heritage, scenic landscapes, and friendly locals, Bilton promises an unforgettable experience for all who visit. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Bilton, East Yorkshire, is a must-visit destination.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Bilton
- Bilton is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 5 miles east of Hull city centre.
- The village is part of the Hull urban area, sharing borders with the city.
- According to the 2011 Census, Bilton had a population of 7,014.
- The village is served by Bilton Community Primary School for education.
- Bilton has a number of local amenities including shops, a post office, and pubs.
- The village is surrounded by open countryside, providing opportunities for walking and cycling.
- Bilton was historically a part of the Holderness Wapentake, a division of the historic county of Yorkshire.
- The village has a church, St. Peter’s, which dates back to the 12th century.
- Bilton is also home to a large pond known as Bilton Pond, which is a popular spot for local anglers.
Bilton on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Bilton, East Yorkshire
Where is Bilton, East Yorkshire located?
Bilton is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 5 miles east of Hull city centre.
What are some notable attractions in Bilton, East Yorkshire?
Bilton is known for its beautiful countryside, historic buildings, and local pubs. It’s a great place for walking and cycling, and it’s also close to the city of Hull, which has a wide range of attractions including museums, art galleries, and shopping centres.
What is the population of Bilton, East Yorkshire?
The population of Bilton, East Yorkshire is approximately 2,200 people, according to the latest census data.
After exploring the charming village of Bilton in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the city of Hull, just a short drive away, known for its vibrant cultural scene, historic old town, and the impressive aquarium, The Deep. Beverley, another nearby town, is famous for its stunning Minster and historic buildings. Nature lovers should not miss Spurn Point, a unique coastal reserve with a variety of wildlife. For those interested in aviation history, the Yorkshire Air Museum in Elvington is a must-visit. Lastly, the rolling hills and picturesque landscapes of the Yorkshire Wolds present a perfect opportunity for hiking and cycling.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.