Welcome to Boothferry, a charming locality nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This picturesque destination is steeped in history and natural beauty, offering a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. From its lush landscapes, serene waterways, to its rich cultural heritage, Boothferry promises a unique and memorable experience for all tourists. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply seeking a peaceful retreat, Boothferry in East Yorkshire is a must-visit destination.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Boothferry
- Boothferry is a civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 1.5 miles south-west from the town of Goole.
- The parish consists of the hamlets of Asselby, Balkholme, Belby, Booth, Howden Dyke and Knedlington.
- Boothferry is named after a historic ferry service that used to operate across the River Ouse.
- The parish was part of the West Riding of Yorkshire until 1974.
- Boothferry was also the name of a local government district from 1974 to 1996.
- The Boothferry Road Stadium, former home of Hull City A.F.C., was named after this area.
- The area is largely rural, with agriculture being a major industry.
- The population of Boothferry was 1,764 according to the 2011 Census.
- Boothferry is served by the Boothferry Primary School, located in Goole.
Boothferry on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Boothferry, East Yorkshire
Where is Boothferry located in East Yorkshire?
Boothferry is located in the western part of East Yorkshire, England. It’s near the River Ouse and the town of Goole.
What are some notable attractions in Boothferry, East Yorkshire?
Boothferry is known for its beautiful countryside, the Boothferry Golf Club, and its proximity to the River Ouse which offers various water activities.
What is the population of Boothferry, East Yorkshire?
The population of Boothferry varies as it’s a part of several small villages and hamlets. The exact population can be found in the latest UK census data.
After exploring Boothferry in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic city of York is a must-visit, with its stunning York Minster, ancient city walls, and the Jorvik Viking Centre. Nature lovers should head to the Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and valleys that offer beautiful walking trails. The charming market town of Beverley is also nearby, known for its awe-inspiring Minster and bustling market. For those interested in aviation, the Yorkshire Air Museum in Elvington is a short drive away. Lastly, the coastal town of Bridlington offers sandy beaches and a picturesque harbour, perfect for a relaxing day out.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.