Welcome to Colden, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This rural gem is known for its picturesque landscapes, steeped in history and natural beauty. Colden is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, offering a plethora of walking trails, including the Pennine Way, and stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The village is also home to a thriving community, with a local pub, primary school, and a variety of annual events. Experience the tranquility and charm of rural England in Colden, West Yorkshire.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Colden, West Yorkshire
- Colden is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 2 miles from the town of Hebden Bridge.
- The village is part of the civil parish of Blackshaw.
- Colden is known for its beautiful rural setting, surrounded by hills and moorland.
- It is home to a number of traditional stone-built houses.
- The village has a primary school, Colden Junior and Infant School, which serves the local community.
- Colden also has a popular pub, the New Delight Inn, also known as the “Jacky ‘D'”.
- One of the main attractions in the area is the Colden Clough Nature Reserve, which offers a variety of walking trails.
- The village is also known for its annual Colden Clough Preservation Society’s May Day festival.
- Despite its small size, Colden has a strong sense of community, with several local groups and societies.
Colden, West Yorkshire, on the map
FAQs About Colden, West Yorkshire
Where is Colden, West Yorkshire located?
Colden is a small village located in the Calderdale district of West Yorkshire, England.
What is Colden, West Yorkshire known for?
Colden is known for its beautiful rural setting, historic buildings, and walking trails. It’s a great place for those who enjoy outdoor activities and exploring the countryside.
What are the transportation options in Colden, West Yorkshire?
The village of Colden is best accessed by car due to its rural location. However, there are also local bus services that connect Colden to nearby towns and cities.
Where Next after Colden, West Yorkshire?
Having visited the charming village of Colden in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling market town of Hebden Bridge, known for its independent shops and vibrant arts scene. You could also explore the historic town of Halifax, home to the impressive Piece Hall and Eureka! The National Children’s Museum. If you’re a fan of literature, a trip to Haworth, the hometown of the Bronte sisters, is a must. Further afield in Yorkshire, you could visit the stunning landscapes of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, the medieval city of York with its iconic Minster, or the coastal town of Whitby, famous for its association with Dracula.