Welcome to North Elmsall, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. Known for its rich history and picturesque landscapes, this place offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and easy access to urban amenities. With its well-preserved Victorian architecture, lush green parks, and a friendly community, North Elmsall provides an authentic taste of the Yorkshire lifestyle. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or just looking for a peaceful getaway, North Elmsall has something to offer for everyone.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – North Elmsall, West Yorkshire
- North Elmsall is a small town located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the Metropolitan Borough of Wakefield.
- The town is situated approximately 8 miles southeast of Wakefield and 9 miles northwest of Doncaster.
- North Elmsall is part of the civil parish of Upton.
- It is located near the A1(M) motorway, providing easy access to major cities such as Leeds and Sheffield.
- The town has its own railway station, North Elmsall railway station, which is on the Wakefield Line.
- North Elmsall was historically a coal mining town, with Frickley Colliery being one of the main sources of employment until its closure in 1993.
- The town is home to several local amenities including shops, pubs, and schools.
- North Elmsall is surrounded by beautiful countryside, offering plenty of opportunities for walking and cycling.
- The town has a strong community spirit, with several local events and festivals taking place throughout the year.
North Elmsall on the map
FAQs About North Elmsall
Where is North Elmsall located?
North Elmsall is located in West Yorkshire, England.
What is North Elmsall known for?
North Elmsall is a small town known for its peaceful residential areas and close proximity to larger cities like Leeds and Sheffield.
What are the transportation options in North Elmsall?
North Elmsall is well-connected with other parts of West Yorkshire through a network of roads and railways. The town has its own railway station, providing easy access to larger cities.
Where Next after North Elmsall?
Having visited the charming village of North Elmsall in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the historic city of Wakefield, known for its magnificent cathedral and the Hepworth Wakefield art gallery. You could also explore the nearby Pontefract, famous for its medieval castle and liquorice sweets. If you’re a nature lover, the stunning landscapes of the Yorkshire Dales National Park are not to be missed. Alternatively, you could head to Leeds, a vibrant city with a rich industrial heritage, excellent shopping, and a thriving arts scene. All these destinations offer a taste of the diverse attractions Yorkshire has to offer.