Welcome to Eastburn, a charming little village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint destination is a hidden gem, offering a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its picturesque landscapes, historic landmarks, and warm, welcoming locals, Eastburn is a perfect spot for tourists seeking a tranquil and authentic English countryside experience. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Eastburn, East Yorkshire has something to offer you.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Eastburn
- Eastburn is a small hamlet located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 2 miles north-west from the market town of Driffield.
- The hamlet falls within the civil parish of Kilham.
- Eastburn is part of the Yorkshire Wolds, a range of low rolling hills in the county of East Yorkshire.
- It is primarily an agricultural area, with farming being a significant part of the local economy.
- Eastburn is not to be confused with another place of the same name in West Yorkshire.
- It is a quiet and peaceful place, with a small population.
- Eastburn is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a great place for walking and cycling.
- The nearest railway station to Eastburn is Driffield, which is on the Yorkshire Coast Line.
- Despite its small size, Eastburn is rich in history and has a strong sense of community.
Eastburn on the map
FAQs about Eastburn, East Yorkshire
Where is Eastburn, East Yorkshire located?
Eastburn is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
What are some popular attractions in Eastburn, East Yorkshire?
Eastburn is known for its peaceful countryside setting. Nearby attractions include the historic city of York, the Yorkshire Wolds, and the East Yorkshire coastline.
What is the population of Eastburn, East Yorkshire?
Eastburn is a small village, so the population is quite small. For the most accurate population count, please refer to the latest census data.
After exploring the quaint village of Eastburn in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the bustling market town of Driffield, known as the ‘Capital of the Wolds’, which offers a variety of shops, eateries, and a weekly market. Nature lovers should not miss a visit to the stunning Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and charming valleys perfect for walking and cycling. History enthusiasts can explore the medieval architecture of Beverley, including the impressive Beverley Minster and the 15th-century North Bar. For a seaside experience, the coastal town of Bridlington offers sandy beaches, a picturesque harbour, and the historic Bridlington Priory. Lastly, the city of Hull, with its rich maritime history and vibrant cultural scene, is also within easy reach.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.