Visit The Deep, Hull’s award-winning aquarium (other things to do in Hull), and be taken on a journey through prehistoric seas, past tropical lagoons, into the vast open oceans, down to the darkest depths, through the chilly Kingdom of ice and into the future.
Table of Contents
The Deep, located in Hull, is a captivating aquarium and marine conservation center that offers a mesmerizing glimpse into the aquatic world. This facility is renowned for its diverse collection of marine species, making it a must-visit destination for families, marine enthusiasts, and anyone interested in the wonders of the ocean. Here’s what visitors can look forward to:
- Spectacular Marine Life: Home to an array of marine species including sharks, stingrays, the UK’s exclusive pair of Green sawfish, hundreds of tropical reef fish, Loggerhead sea turtles, and a lively colony of Gentoo penguins.
- Immersive Experiences: Visitors can wander through a viewing tunnel offering panoramic views of marine life swimming overhead and ascend in a glass lift through the 10-metre Endless Ocean tank for a captivating view of the aquatic habitat.
- Interactive Fun for Children: The facility caters to its younger audience with several engaging activities:
- A magic floor that brings the ocean to life through interactive digital projections.
- A fossil brushing station that offers a hands-on experience in uncovering the past.
- The Digi:Sea zone where creativity meets marine biology, allowing children to design their own digital sea creature.
- Day Plus Pass: In a bid to encourage repeat visits and ongoing exploration of marine conservation, The Deep offers the Day Plus Pass, granting free return visits for 12 months. This pass is a testament to the facility’s commitment to education and the fostering of a deeper connection with marine life.
It is important for potential visitors to note that all tickets, including those for Day Plus Pass holders, must be pre-booked online to secure their spot in this aquatic adventure.
The Deep in Hull invites visitors into a world where marine conservation meets education and entertainment, promising an unforgettable experience for all who step through its doors.
Access at The Deep
The Deep is fully accessible and offers a wide range of access aids to assist visitors with additional needs. These include audio and Braille guides, large print leaflets, foreign language leaflets, social stories, mobility aids and a Changing Places facility.
|Child (Aged 3 to 15)
|Child (Under 3)
- Disabled Access
- On-Site Parking
- Child Friendly
- Card Payment
- Annual Pass
- Booking Essential